feeeeeelMAXXX's Survivor Funoutback
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

feeeeeelMAXXX's Survivor Funoutback

Forum to play Survivor

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Game thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Max
Admin
Max

Game thread Empty
PostSubject: Game thread   Game thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:20 pm

Game thread Shackles

Challenge at 9:00 p.m. est
Back to top Go down
https://survivorfunoutback.forumotion.com
Halo

Halo

Game thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game thread   Game thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:29 pm

Crap. I work at 8c. Be on at 12:30 then...
Back to top Go down
Soco

Soco

Game thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game thread   Game thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:50 pm

Is that 7 for me? (650 cause of tie?)

And lol these ep titles are always so fitting.
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Max

Game thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game thread   Game thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:51 pm

I know, this season seems to have the same vibe as the real?
I think it's 6 for you now with the time change
It's in 1 hour
Back to top Go down
Soco

Soco

Game thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game thread   Game thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:55 pm

Okay!
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Max

Game thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game thread   Game thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:47 pm

The tie breaking challenge

This is for Kimmi and Jerri only
Using the cast for this game
Re-arrange it in alphabetical order, using their imdb user id
First person to post the right answer on this thread, stays in the game
Back to top Go down
Soco

Soco

Game thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game thread   Game thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:52 pm

AgentZeR0 -
Celesticbliss
DanielB17
Dtor
dude86-2
EricFat
Firebolt102890
Halo
JB_is_awesome
jwisen
lilvic
shred-com
StevieMc
soco-81
spooky33
switza

edit: Sorry pushed send too soon!
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Max

Game thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game thread   Game thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:54 pm

Please go to the tribal council area
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Max

Game thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game thread   Game thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:01 pm

Challenge up in 2 minutes
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Max

Game thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game thread   Game thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:08 pm

Episode #12 - "Enough Is Enough"
Barramundi, 5 of you are left
Welcome to your sixth individual immunity challenge

Quote :
Each player is shackled together at the wrists, ankles, and waist. After hearing a story, they must run to 8 stations. A correct answer will give them a key to unlock one of their shackles, which they must bring back to the center of the course. They must get 5 right to remove all of the locks.

Below the instructions is a couple tl;dr posts i found while roaming the boards today
You have to read those and answer questions that will be asked
Like the challenge states, there will be 8 questions, but you only need to answer 5 of them
First person to unlock all 5 of their locks, will win immunity
Send me your answers in a private message
The questions will be up at 9:15

First post

The producers/writers really went above and beyond to embarrass and objectify the blacks (2) this season. First Jeff has to pick the lone black woman to give her opinion of Rob and Russell. That was no coincidence. They wanted her to be front and center. Survivor has always had a racial sub-element and you all know it. Opinionated blacks are quickly targeted by the usually majority white castaways. She was edited to seem 'uppity' and combative. Francesca, no surprise, was the first player eliminated.

Then there is Philip. You really want me to believe that he was the ONLY black male to send an audition tape in for this season? [[eyes]] Why is it that they selected a man who quite obviously has some mental instability and a shaky grasp of reality. Laughing at him is like laughing at someone sick. It's simply not funny. To top it all off, episode 2 had one of the most overtly racist things ever seen on this show. A scantily clad black man, LITERALLY chucking a spear, albeit at a crab of all things. This was magnified by the giddy, riotously laughing whites of the tribe, pointing and having the time of their life watching Philip do this. They might as well paint a white circle around his mouth because he is obviously the "Sambo" comedic relief/mascot/village idiot of this season. His every word is meant to further objectify him as a black man. Notice that quick cut scene when he showed off his gorilla tattoo? Oh and we can't forget the "I thought it would bring the animal out in you" jibe by Probst.

This is really sickening. It's clear the racial politics has been turned up a notch. I thought they scraped the bottom of the barrel a few seasons back when they actually separated the tribes by racial groups but there was no official clown like Philip on any of those tribes. He clearly needs help a and does not belong on a television show

Second post

The original NOES was the first proper horror movie I ever watched, that was back in 1990, I was 11. Back then it was pretty scary, but today it really is tame in comparison to most horror/slasher movies. I actually watched it about a year ago and it seems almost comical!, but credits due where credits due, 26 years after it's initial release it is still a popular film and well known to all fans of horror.

This remake, in a nutshell, is a travesty.. I did not expect much to be honest, I got even less. Every 'Freddy' dream scene in the same location. The deaths are uninspired, boring and anything but scary. Characters are just plain annoying and the final cheesy one-liner shouted by Nancy just made my skin crawl. The final scene of the film is predictable and I just hope to god it does not hint at a sequel.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, they simply don't make em like they used to. Too many CGI special effects, poor writing and no originality...

One has only to look at John Carpenters 'The Thing' to see how a really good horror movie can be made without the need for CGI (and personally I think JC's remake is better than the B&W original, which is in itself very good.)

I hear there is going to be another remake of that as well, I dread to think....

Third post

I'm signing up and all, but I have a suggestion: I think it might be better if you gave sign-ups a little more time. Nowadays, the boards are pretty slow and it's not uncommon for them to go for a whole day without any new posts. I understand you're dying to get to writing and all, but most RPG's seem to take at least two or sometimes even three weeks to get a full cast. Don't give up so quickly?

Some bits of my character:

Name: Anna Wilson
What They Are Studying: Journalism
Orientation: Bisexual, although most people would say she's more "in lust" with girls than really having romantic feelings for them.
Sex: Female
Looks: Anna stands a mere 5'2" on heels and when craning herself. Fit, light-weighted (111 lbs) and gifted with a slim build, Anna knows she won't maintain her figure by being a bum, so works hard to stay in shape. Loves to straighten or curl her shoulder-length brown hair, depending on her mood. Thanks to clever usage of skin products and light make-up (concealer, powder & lipbalm), her face is clear and her lips look smooth and seductive. When the weather isn't too cold, she'll show herself - especially her legs - off in skimpy clothing such as shorts, skirts and tight-fitting tanktops. Wears fashionable sneakers at school or when jogging, in any other situation it's high heels for her. Is known for strutting around and exuding confidence.
Actress: Nina Dobrev
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm429556736/nm2400045
Personality:
Outspoken, bubbly, a little self-absorbed and sometimes perceived as arrogant, Anna certainly doesn't hold her tongue. She loves hogging a group's attention and will do anything to make herself look her absolute best by masking her insecurities and highlighting what makes her shine. Compliments make her day, even if they're insincere, and she's not above acting coy or modest to pry it out of someone. But everything she does is based on what - after some calculating before hand - it can gain her. Anna has her priorities in check; she sets her boundaries and will never let someone take advantage of her. If someone attempts to do so anyway, they're met with harsh words; she'll never censor herself and treats people the way they treat her. Respect, to her, is something you earn. If you make a mistake, she's more than happy to help you, on the condition you're open to learn from it. She has no time for whiners, needy people, and attention-whores (how ironic), and is quick to tell them off when they're annoying her. In the back of her mind, she's aware she dislikes those people because they mirror her own vulnerabilities, but she'll never admit that. That said, she's a dependable friend who backs you up and offers a listening ear whenever needed, without going as far as coddling you over something she thinks you can handle yourself. A huge flirt, Anna enjoys fluttering from fling to fling. Severing the ties first means it won’t be done to you, you know? It’s honestly a flipping the bird towards her oppressive father, but if called out on it, Anna will fiercely argue this theory. This hasn't done wonders for her reputation and she's gotten in a few catfights with a jealous girlfriend before. It has had her trick herself into thinking she's "desensitized" from insults and she'll always defend herself. Is actually intelligent and studies hard; she wants to prove her father and his narrow-minded views on women wrong, and act like a rolemodel for her sisters. Still, she does like being able to hold a profound conversation with others and will use her wide range of knowledge to her advantage whenever she can.
Strengths:
Fit: Anna has been an avid dancer and gymnast since she was young. Her reflexes are impressive, she dodges sudden things coming at her without inflicting accidental injury on herself, has great stamina and is an incredibly fast runner.
Smart: Anna likes studying, carrying a profound conversation, and absorbing as much knowledge as she can. She’s determined to show her dad she’s not some stereotypical dumb bimbo and maintains a good grade average to prove her point.
Confident: Since forever, Anna learned that there’s nothing wrong with assert your needs if you want them fulfilled. Not the type who’s too proud to ask for help, knows exactly what she wants, and sustains her opinions with well thought-out arguments. Can laugh at her mistakes and uses it to better herself.
Resilient: When she has to achieve something, Anna gives it her all and tries to overcome any setback she stumbles upon. No, she won’t always come out on top, but won't allow it to bring her down. Defends herself whenever the situation calls for it and takes insults on the chin.
Weaknesses:
Tactless: There's no sugar-coating for her. Instead, she gives the cold, unvarnished truth and if you have a problem with it, you should just grow a thicker skin because "the real world is cruel and unsympathetic." Often forgets that some people are more sensitive and that sometimes, it really is better to keep quiet.
Opinionated: Anna prefers to try things her own way first - and have the flaw in that plan hit her in the face - before considering another option. A stubborn girl who doesn't give up easily, even if it's for her own good or the good of a group. Not everyone's favourite person to work together with.
Manipulative: Gifted with impressive speaking skills and a cute face, Anna can't say she's never put that to good use and is pretty subtle with it as well. She may use it as a last resort only, but she still does it. Thinks it's a form of self-preservation and can present her policy that everyone is responsible for their own actions in vile ways.
Self-absorbed: Anna wants to get something out of anything she does. Things don’t always go according to plan, so she puts her priorities over others’ to make them work out anyway. Talented at doing whatever seems the most beneficial to her.
Bio:
Growing up in a middle-class family with two loving parents and two generally nice younger sisters, Natalie and Rose, Anna didn't have much to complain about and enjoyed her childhood to the fullest. When she hit puberty, just like any other girl, she developed interest in dating, boys and her appearance. But unlike most girls, Anna lagged behind in developing until the age of fourteen, which lead to lots of tumult and self-doubt. Now she's seen as a girly girl and has gone to the other extreme, trying to catch up with that lack of experience as much as possible. Anna’s upbringing was very traditional and conservative (family is very involved in politics). Her father often displayed hints of sexism towards his wife, feeling “her place was in the kitchen only, and she had to obey to anything her husband said.” Also did he highly look down upon Anna’s ‘shallow’ interests and often made jokes about how she’d end up like her mother. Weirdly enough, it made Anna grow into the outspoken, expressive girl she is, both to guard her own boundaries and to look after her sisters. Some of her slutty behaviour and her hard studying might be a passive-aggressive jab at her father.
Other: Owns a car and is very happy with it, seeing it as "her way to personal freedom." Goes on jogs across the beach every weekend.
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Max

Game thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game thread   Game thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:15 pm

Question 1: What 3 boards were used to get these posts? (Be as specific as possible)
Question 2: What does Anna do with her hair?
Question 3: In a nutshell, what is this remake?
Question 4: Who is the black woman in one of these stories?
Question 5: Which remake is apparently, good?
Question 6: What kind of family did Anna grow up in?
Question 7: What actress is mentioned in the 3rd post?
Question 8: Where should they paint a white circle?
Back to top Go down
Max
Admin
Max

Game thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game thread   Game thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:24 pm

Two people were set free from their shackles
One got out at Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 21:19
The other got out at Mon 21 Mar 2011 - 21:21
The person who got out first, winning immunity

Elisabeth (Agent), you are once again immuned.
Tribal Council will be up in 30 minutes
Back to top Go down
Agent

Agent

Game thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game thread   Game thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:25 pm

Omw that was close! king
Back to top Go down
Soco

Soco

Game thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game thread   Game thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:26 pm

2 seconds. You little whore. :p

Good job.
Back to top Go down
Soco

Soco

Game thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game thread   Game thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 10:00 pm

Well I have to go. I'll be back later to do TC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game thread   Game thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game thread
Page 1 of 1